|Faculty Economic and Management Sciences
Department Business Management
Job ID: 2049
Duties and responsibilities:
- Teach Entrepreneurship and New Venture Creation on undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Provide study guidance to postgraduate (honours and masters) students and supervision to PhD students.
- Initiate, conduct and sustain high level research and produce high level research and produce quality research outputs.
- Participate in community service, e.g. mentorship, provide training and present short courses in area of specialisation.
- Perform academic administrative tasks pertaining to undergraduate modules, including typing, setting and marking question papers and memorandums, recording marks and handling student complaints.
- Form part of various academic committees and perform any other tasks as allocated by the head of department.
- Master’s degree in Business Management, or similar, with specialisation in Entrepreneurship.
- Proven experience in the delivery of poster or oral presentations at conference or equivalent activities.
- Provide evidence of manuscripts produced that have the potential to be converted or submitted for publication, ideally in an accredited journal.
- A good academic record.
- Doctoral degree or currently enrolled for a doctoral degree.
- Proven research record of relevant publications in national accredited journals.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to function with ease in the University’s parallel-medium and richly diverse working environment.
Assumption of duties:
1 January 2021.
22 September 2017.
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 9962/9329/2808.
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
Applications may be submitted online. All applications must be accompanied by the following:
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Copies of all academic records
- Copies of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications)
- A copy of your identity document (ID)
Applications that are incomplete or sent by fax or e-mail, will not be considered. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.
External candidates can click HERE to apply online.
UFS staff members can log onto PeopleSoft, click on Self Service, then on Recruiting, and then on Careers to apply online.