2021 Allan Gray Grade 6 Scholarship Opportunity
The Foundation offers high school Scholarships to learners who are in financial need, have a curious, entrepreneurial mindset and the potential to excel academically. This Scholarship is offered in three countries, however the models differ in each country.
Position: Scholarship Application Form 2021 For High School Placement In 2021
South Africa – The Scholarship is available to learners entering high school. Learners in Grade 6 may apply.
Botswana / Swaziland – This Scholarship is available to Grade 12 learners who need a post-Matric to gain access to a South African University. Please
apply through the Fellowship page.
Here is the full list of our partner placement schools:
- Clarendon High School for Girls
- Selborne College High School
- Collegiate Girls’ High School
- Grey High School
- St Andrew’s College (Grahamstown)
- Diocesan School for Girls
- St Alban’s College
- King Edward VII School
- St Andrew’s School for Girls
- St Mary’s School, Waverly
- St Stithians College
- Roedean School (SA)
- Pretoria Boys High School
- Epworth Independent High School
- Pietermaritzburg Girls’ High School
- Maritzburg College
- Bishops Diocesan College
- St Cyprian’s High School
- Rustenburg Girls’ High School
- Rondebosch Boys’ High School
- Rhenish Girls’ High School
For South Africa:
- Applicant has to be a South African citizen
- Applicant must be in Grade 6 this year (2021) to apply
- A minimum of 70% in English and mathematics (Grade 5-6)
- A minimum of 70% in Numeracy and Literacy in the Foundation’s Scholarship exam. (After the application process, we select eligible candidates and invite them to write the Scholarship exam. We then use the exam results with the primary school results to shortlist for interviews.)
- Demonstrate financial need
- Demonstrate the following entrepreneurial characteristics:
- Intellectual Imagination: enjoys being creative and innovative
- Achievement Excellence: sets high standards for self
- Courageous Commitment: must be courageous and determined, brave and persistent
- Spirit of Significance: wants to impact others and make a difference.
- Personal Initiative: prepared to take action to address challenges
- All applicants will receive an SMS to acknowledge receipt of their application within a month after the closing date.
- Applicants will be shortlisted based on academic performance and financial need.
- Successful candidates will be called within two months after the closing date and invited to write an exam. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified via sms.
- Succesful candidates will be invited for interviews. One-on-one interviews take place between January and March 2021
- Thereafter, successful candidates will be invited to for psychometric testing
- If successful at the psychometric phase, the Foundation will recommend the candidates to the placement schools.
- Recommended candidates will be invited to the placement schools for interviews.
- Candidates whose recommendations are approved by the placement schools will be awarded the Scholarship.
- Once the Scholarship is awarded, the Foundation, placement school and the Scholar’s custodian sign a Memorandum of Agreement.
- All successful candidates will know which school they will be attending the following year by August 2021.
- From interview stage to psychometric testing and final selection, all communication takes place via telephone. The selection process takes about
eleven months in total.
CLICK HERE TO: REGISTER AND APPLY ONLINE
CLICK HERE TO: DOWNLOAD APPLICATION
Application Closing Date: Thursday, September 20, 2021