DUPONT JOBS IN SOUTH AFRICA : DAIRY APPLICATION SPECIALIST
DuPont Nutrition & Health is a USD 4.7 billion global business and one of the world’s largest producers of specialty food ingredients, developing and manufacturing solutions for the global food & beverage, nutrition and pharma market. With more than 8,500 employees, 50+ manufacturing sites and 20+ R&D centres across the world, N&H is on a mission to make food safer, more sustainable, better tasting and more nutritious.
N&H is part of DowDuPont, a globally listed company, which came to life following the merger of Dow Chemical and DuPont in 2017. DowDuPont has a turnover of approximately $62 billion, employs around 98,000 FTEs and is headquartered in Wilmington, USA. supplements.
DuPont Nutrition & Health is a global leader in food ingredients for the dairy industry. This position offers an exciting role with a lot of potential in a dynamic and strong industry. The aim is to provide technical support to our customers and our sales organization in Southern and Eastern Africa
Role scope & primary responsibilities:
- You will be part of our international dairy application group. This group is part of the global Application & Innovation organization in Dupont Nutrition & Health. You will be giving our customers in the dairy industry application support related to our ingredient solutions with focus on fermented dairy products such as yoghurt and cheese.
- Your primary responsibilities will be to provide technical support to our customers in close cooperation with our sales organization and your colleagues in the application teams. You will participate in customer development projects or internal development projects. You will have a competent internal organization to support your development in the role including building of technical know-how and related competencies.
- You are a professional with a background within dairy science and technology, on BSc / BTech level.
- You have a few years of experience in similar function.
- You demonstrate a strong interest and some practical exposure to the dairy industry and a solid theoretical understanding of dairy chemistry and processing.
- Specific experience or competences within fermentation cultures will be considered an advantage.
- You like to work independently, but also understand how to function in a large organization and the importance of reaching common business objectives.
- You are customer-focused, open-minded, flexible and thrive in a busy environment with cultural differences.
- You have good communication skills and master English & both orally and written.
- You like to visit customers, and 30 – 60 days of international (Southern Africa, East Africa, Europe) and national travel activity fits your working style.
You will be reporting into the Innovation Group Manager and working closely together with a team located in Cape Town.
Location is Cape Town, South Africa.
What we offer: At DuPont, we are dedicated to maximizing our most valuable asset—our people. We do so by embracing diversity and offering opportunities for continuous development, whilst maintaining a good work/life balance. Our compensation package includes a competitive base salary, variable performance pay and a comprehensive benefits offering. A career at DuPont offers you an opportunity to become the catalyst for change, personally and professionally. This, together with a respectful workplace that rewards achievement, makes DuPont one of the best career choices today.
Primary Location: EMEA-South Africa-Cape Town
Organization: Nutrition and Health
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (±16 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.